Dryden: The Small Town That Changed The Fracking Game
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
Who We Are: Erie Rising is a grassroots, mom (parent) powered organization, dedicated to protecting our children, our health, our environment and our community, as well as those beyond our reach. Founded by accomplished women, mothers and business owners, Erie Rising is quickly becoming the an effective grassroots mom-powered organization bringing awareness to the issues related to hydraulic fracturing and concerns for children’s health in Colorado and beyond.
Our Mission: To help protect and advocate for the well being of the families in communities affected by natural gas operations. We seek information and education on the health and environmental issues that affect us all so that we can take actions and seek governmental support to keep our children safe and healthy, if and when necessary.
Erie Rising Believes: We all have the unalienable right to live in a town with clean air, safe water and a healthy environment.
- It is the duty of our publicly elected officials to uphold and protect these rights and keep us safe.
- It is our duty as committed members of the community to raise our voices and exercise our rights to protect ourselves, our families, and our future.
Erie Rising’s Position on Natural Gas Drilling and Mining Using Hydraulic Fracturing: We believe the onus lies squarely with the gas companies and our elected officials to prove that natural gas drilling and mining by fracturing is safe and does not pose a real or imminent threat to our children, our health or our environment. We are seeking scientific studies and other information to prove we are not at risk from this activity. We pledge that, in the absence of that proof, we will take action to keep it out of our community and away from our schools until such proof is available.
Frack Free Colorado | Who We Are
Frack Free CO is a collaborative, grass roots movement that works to raise awareness about the dangers of fracking and enlighten Coloradans on ways that we can accelerate our move to renewable energy and sustainable living today. To protect Coloradans’ basic rights to clean water, clean air, a safe home, and a sustainable future.
DID YOU KNOW?
In February of 2015, Gov. Hickenlooper’s taskforce on oil and gas discussed proposals that would force energy companies to disclose all of the chemicals they use in hydraulic fracturing, as well as measures that would give local governments more input on siting new wells. Keep up the hard work!
Frack Free CO Members
- To protect Colorado from the dangers of fracking
- To empower Coloradans with information on renewable energy solutions, sustainable agriculture, and sustainable living so that we can collectively move away from dirty industries. We’re becoming a massive, inspired people’s movement that cannot be ignored
- To preserve quality of life throughout Colorado by educating and empowering citizens to create the world we want to live in
- To collaborate with individuals and organizations that strive toward similar goals.